I {heart} rainbow cheesecake!



Oh how gorgeous is this cheesecake! I have always love cheesecake but I LOVE this cheesecake! It is not only looked beautiful but it also tasted beautiful!

The story began when I had free time last week and I was feeling adventurous to try something new in baking. So I did some googling and I found Kevin Chai's Dainty cheesecake...first thing that popped into my mind was..Wow I gotta try this!
.....and ta da! look at this beautiful cheesecake! I can't stop saying beautiful can I? LOL
I am just so happy with the result!


 

As usual I like to adjust the recipe to my liking...I changed the colours and flavourings because I wanted to make Rainbow cheesecake that have similar flavour to Rainbow ice cream.
My kids like Tip Top rainbow surprise ice cream so I base the flavourings on that, which has: banana, strawberries and bubble gum flavours.

However that ice cream only have 3 flavours and I wanted to make 5 layers of colours in my cheese cake, so I added orange and lime.

Here is what you need:

1 slice bought sponge cake and cut to about 2cm height.
or
you can also make your own and this is the recipe that I used on my cheesecake.
You do need to bake it in a larger cake tin and trim it down to fit the cheesecake pan, I used 8" cake tin and for the cheese cake I used 7" spring-form cake tin.

Vanilla Sponge Cake (Asian style)

Ingredients:
3 eggs
125g caster sugar
1/4tsp salt
100g flour
22g vegetable oil
22g milk
1/4tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift the flour and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs, salt, vanilla essence and sugar until very thick and fluffy.
4. Take the sifted flour and fold flour into the egg mixture.
5. In another bowl, mix milk and oil together. Pour into the flour batter, mix well using a spatula.
6. Pour batter in 8 inch round tin and bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins. (Note, there is no need to grease the cake pan or line with baking paper)
7. Remove cake tin from oven and invert the tin (with the cake still intact) on a wire rack and let cool. Once cooled, remove cake from tin.




 
Rainbow Cheesecake (my version):

Cheese Layer
120ml fresh milk
2 egg yolks
350gr cream cheese
80gr caster sugar
1 tbsp gelatine powder
400gr fresh cream (whipped )

Flavors and colourings
1/8 tsp strawberry essence and red food colouring
1/8 tsp lime essence and green food colouring
1/8 tsp orange essence and orange food colouring
1/8 tsp banana essence and yellow food colouring
1/4 tsp bubble gum flavour, I used LorAnn Oils - Concentrated Flavours (I used less because these are concentrated flavours) and blue food coluring.

You can also change these flavours and colours to your liking.

Method:
- Cut sponge cake to fit 7" cake tin and place it into a 7" spring-form tin. Keep aside
- To make cheese cake layer, bring fresh milk, egg yolks, cream cheese, sugar and gelatine powder to heat in  double boiler. Stirring over simmering water until mixture is melted.
- Remove and leave to cool
- Fold in whipped cream until blended
- Divide cheese mixture into 5 portions and combine with difference flavour.
- Choose whichever cheesecake mixture you want to go in first for the bottom layer. Spread it in the tin. place it freezer for about 10min. Once you see the layer is shiny and set, pour the next cheese cake mixture in. Repeat this process until finish.

Cover and refrigerate until set for about 3 hours or preferably overnight.

Once set, take lots of pictures because it is too darn beautiful, cut and... here comes the best part..eating it!

Easy as!

Happy baking!
Elina xx

Comments

  1. This is a beautiful cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that has got to be the most gorgeous cake ever! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything about this is pure heaven...
    Angie
    www.swede-dreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the most beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! What i love about this recipe most though is that i know where to get all the ingredients easily! In all the american blogs theres so much guess work in trying to find similar products. Thanks so much i can't wait to make this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so agree with you! I love recipes that has familiar ingredients ..things that you can get from local grocery store. Good luck making this! :)

      Delete
    2. Melanie Hytlon22 May 2013 at 17:18

      I am still to make it! Hopefully i can try this one this week its too beautiful, I'm scared i'm going to ruin it!

      Delete
    3. Melanie...you are right on. I just found this recipe today (Mar 5, 2014) and I love the recipes I find here.

      Delete
  6. This will be my next birthday cake. Period. Hands down. I have a month to perfect my skill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, es preciosa!!! Me gusta mucho :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I would love for you to link this up to my Tutorial Link Party today!!!

    TUTORIAL LINK PARTY
    http://www.thecreativeorchard.blogspot.com/2012/08/tutorial-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! sure! I'm not very tech savvy so will look into it and make it happen as soon as I know how lol!

      Delete
  9. This cheesecake is absolutely adorable and looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! i'm Flor from Spain...i have a blog too...I love your work!! kisses...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I almost licked the screen! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, this recipe is absolutely lovely!!I'd like to know the size of the yolks: Did you use yolks from medium or large size eggs?
    Thank you very much!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmm, do you think i could use this type of pan instead of a springform pan?

    http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Daddios-Anodized-Cheesecake-Removable/dp/B0012Q32JM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1346382417&sr=8-4&keywords=springform+pan+7+inch

    :) i want to try making this this weekend!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! yes i think so..springform pan will definitely be easier to take the cheesecake out but I don't see why you can't do the same with that pan too. Give it a try and let me know :) Good luck!!

      Delete
    2. I just made this and I don't know how ur layers come out so even! No matter e much I spread it and jiggle the tin, the layers don't even out and have peaks from where my spoon/spatula lifts from spreading (if that makes sense) :( any advice? But it seems to work fine with the pan above! :)

      Delete
    3. Hi it sounds that your mixture is quite thick...the mixture should be not runny but spreadable easily. Did you follow the recipe exactly? could be the amount of liquid?? sorry can't help much there :(

      Delete
  14. This is just jaw-dropping! Perfect for showers and love the options!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my rainbow cheese cake: http://www.undolcunivers.com/2012/09/rainbow-cheesecake.html
    It ismlovely! Thany you very much por the recipe!
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta, Your cake is beautiful. Did you buy the sponge cake or make one? Was this hard to make? Any more tips would be appreciated. Thanks. Kathy

      Delete
    2. Hi Kathy, I did the sponge cake as you can see at the recipe.
      Thank you for your comments!
      Blessings,

      Marta

      Delete
  16. This cake is amazing!!! I made it today.... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi you can see from the yummy! pity that you have not installed applies here. I come from Germany and my english is not so good, unfortunately lg MaMi

    ReplyDelete
  18. hallo man sieht der lecker aus!! schade das du kein übersetzter hier eingebaut hast. ich komme aus deutschland und mein englisch ist leider nicht so gut lg MaMi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooohh simply wonderful.
    Spectacular!!!
    I congratulate you.

    A greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Does it have to be sponge cake?

    ReplyDelete
  21. so pretty and looks delicious! what did you use exactly to sprinkle on top? its so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I used a standard 100's and 1000's sprinkle. I think that's what they are called haha

      Delete
  22. It is so lovely, and I will try to make it for my step-daughter's birthday this weekend. Anyway I have a concern, when waiting for the cheesecake layer to be cool in freezer (10min as you said) Are the others which are standing at room temperature would be stiffed due to the gelatin? Look forward to your reply so I will start to get the ingredients. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I didn't have a problem with the other cheesecake layers..just keep an eye on them, if they do seem like they are getting stiffer..just lightly whisk them. That should help! :)

      Delete
  23. Hello! :) I'm from Singapore too. May I know where you got your concentrated flavorings from? Thank you and your cake looks gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from local online store here. I'm not sure if they ship overseas but you can check them out. Kiwicakes.co.nz and cakestuff.co.nz. Thanks!

      Delete
  24. I wanna make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Grazie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi, can I make this without flavourings and only colours? will it be tasteless or will it taste like normal cheesecakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can..I don't know how it's going to taste though..maybe just normal cheesecake? :)

      Delete
  26. Is fresh cream (whipped) = whipped cream? If yes, do you whip the cream then add it into the mixture? And can you use powdered ones? (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool whip from a container in the frozen section at the store

      Delete
  27. Beautiful, would love to make this for my baby's first birthday party

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow. it's really a good contribution to us guys not good at cakes, you know i did some cakes before but the taste it's not good, then i quit, so if you have interesting, you can load to omega watches for sale

    visit my new make up, give me your advice, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What the heck is caster sugar???

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't use ML or Gr... do you know how to convert these to oz or cups???I want to make this, but don't know these....Please help..

    ReplyDelete
  31. OK, I'm a poor Yank here and I need to know what the essence is? I figured out that caster sugar is our fine baker's sugar here. I'm thinking the essence a food extract/flavoring?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooo... cheesecake! Your cake is so pretty. The colors are so perfect. It is very interesting that your cake doesn't need to be baked. And there a lot less steps than I would expect. Definitely will try out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  33. this looks so delicious and too pretty to eat! Great job! Thanks for posting this! I'll definitely try this! In the meantime pass me a piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I want to make this cake but the eggs?? the eggs in the cheese base can i use it without. Im wary of the fact that the eggs arnt cooked and its not baked , wouldnt that mean its dangerous? Could you help me out please x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eggs ARE cooked in the recipe. You are basically 'cooking' them when you bring the mixture to a melted state in the double boiler. Thereby you do not have any 'uncooked' eggs in this recipe.

      Delete
  35. RAW egg whites are hard for our body to digest, however RAW egg yolks are sooo good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Can you translate this to American measurements.. I'd love to make it also.. or is there a sight where it is written in my measurements.. Thanks.. It is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey! Is it possible to make this in a jar? x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi this is just a yummy looking cheesecake. Please can you tell me how much is 400 g of whipped cream in mls. Milliliter? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am going to do this for my birthday! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. After i fridge it for a whole night, can i frozen it for few more hours? as i want to make it for my friends birthday and need to take it out, will have 2 hrs journey without fridge. Or do you have any way that i can carry out of home?
    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just moved to a Colorado (high altitude! ugh!) scared to waste any ingredients. I think this will be my first test recipe. Its too pretty not to try. Gonna finish my homework, adjust the recipe & cross my fingers. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  42. could you use a normal cheesecake biscuity type base instead of the sponge?

    ReplyDelete
  43. This cake is a work of art. Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow this is really stunning and yummylicious
    I will definitely try this out thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi, great recipe. I am a big fan of dulce de leche and I was wondering if I can add ready made dulce de leche to the recipe and add brown sugar instead of the caster sugar to get a caramel and spongecake duo. I am wondering as to the measurement of the dulce de leche, would it work do you think? : /

    ReplyDelete
  46. wow! this is beautiful! was looking for a fun Easter version of cheesecake. do you think one could try a baked version of this? with vanilla wafer crust? I would just want to ensure the colors did not run where they meet. I might try a small one and see. it too pretty not to at least try. thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, this is amazing !
    So Beautiful <3

    I was wondering whether it is 1/8 tsb of both the essence and the colouring? Or 1/8 tsb in total - with half of each?

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  48. hi, how long can i keep this cheesecake for if i wanted to make it ahead? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts