Oreo & Strawberry-Vanilla layers Cheesecake

 

Okay so my previous post of rainbow cheesecake was a hit...no actually more correctly it went viral! I absolutely can't believe it! I'm just over the moon that you guys like it :)

Ever since I did the Rainbow cheesecake..I kept thinking about different flavour. The recipe is so versatile and easy...you can change to any flavour you like and the only limitation is your imagination!




My 3 year old boy Zac loves Oreo with strawberry filling...and I thought that would be a good cheesecake flavour and I was right!...here it is Oreo & Strawberry-Vanilla layers cheesecake.. It was YUM!

Originally I wanted to make 6 layers of strawberry and vanilla. Unfortunately I ruined the first 2 layers..the reason was because the first layer wasn't set enough when I poured the second layer in.
Silly me eh? so make sure you don't make the same mistake I did :p

Oh one more thing,  it was diabetic friendly too. I used Splenda instead of sugar, except the base..I had to use oreo cookies base. Unfortunately it's not easy to get sugar-free oreo here, otherwise I would have use that.




Tempted to try, here goes the recipe..

Basically the cheesecake recipe is exactly the same as Rainbow cheesecake except the base.
I made mine diabetic friendly, so instead of sugar I replaced it with Splenda.
The recipe I posted here is the original recipe.


Oreo & Strawberry-Vanilla layers Cheesecake:

Cheesecake base:
225gr oreo cookies (take the filling out or not, up to your liking)
100gr butter, melted

Process oreo cookies until fine. Transfer oreo crumbs to a bowl and stir in melted butter. Press oreo mixture evenly over the base. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.

Note: I used 7" spring form cake pan. This recipe will make a thick base because I like it thick :)
I also used all the fillings in the oreo because I don't have the time and patience to do it lol!

Cheese Layer
120ml fresh milk
2 egg yolks
350gr cream cheese
80gr caster sugar
1 tbsp gelatine powder
400gr fresh cream (whipped )

Flavors and colourings
1 tsp strawberry essence and red food colouring (feel free to add more essence, 1/4 tsp at a time.. if you think the flavour is not strong enough)
1tsp vanilla extract or 1/4tsp vanilla bean paste.

Method:
- To make cheese cake layer, bring fresh milk, egg yolks, cream cheese, sugar and gelatine powder to heat in  double boiler. Stirring over simmering water until mixture is melted.
- Remove and leave to cool
- Fold in whipped cream until blended
- Divide cheese mixture into 2 portions and combine with difference flavour.
- Choose whichever cheesecake mixture you want to go in first for the bottom layer. Spread it in the tin. place it freezer for about 10min. Once you see the layer is shiny and set, pour the next cheese cake mixture in. Repeat this process until finish.

Cover and refrigerate until set for about 3 hours or preferably overnight.




Happy baking!

Elina xx

Comments

  1. You are simply amazing! These are my favourite flavours. Thank you for sharing, I want to make it now! But it's 1.38 am here so I guess I'll have to wait. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks great. The recipe I've already saved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one word: MMMMMMMMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing! I need to make it now. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left you a virtual prize on my blog.Enjoy it!
    Lulu's Kitchen
    http://thekitchenlulu.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blog you have!
    You won a new follower jiji :D
    Regards from Uruguay!
    by v@len!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing such a great work...I love to just watch your blog and see all the BEAUTIFUL picture of all these special and excellent cakes....mmmmh yammie : ) Thank you for being so super creative....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just thought you'd like to know they do make sugar free oreos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I am just busy making this and seem to have come across a problem. When I added the red colouring to the mix, it curdled. I am not sure what it will taste like. I guess my mother will find out at her dinner party (eek!).

    I have the bottom layer in the freezer now, but just wondered if you knew why this might have happened?

    I used Dr Oteker colouring, in a gel form. Perhaps I should have used liquid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I think the cheesecake mixture was already curdled before you put the colouring in because coluring wont cause that. Did you use double boiler to heat the mixture? Normally over heating can cause the curdle. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  11. Hi, I’m Sonia, Italian food blogger, sorry for my bad English, I want tell you that I have included the link of this recipe (which I liked very much) in the section on my blog dedicated to “10 ways to make” (“10 Modi di Fare”) Oreo recipes.
    The post is ‘Tortine al cioccolato senza forno’ I hope not to bother you, have a nice day.
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geeting ready to prepare this tomorrow for mother's day (sunday 5th may here in Spain) I'll let you know the results... but love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well.... I have just finished and took it out of the cake pan and it is fine... although the different layers are a little bit mixed at some places and you cannot disitinguish exactly where one starts and finishes.... (at some places it is better) But I am glad as it didn't break when I took it out and it looks pretty fine, though not as fine as yours..... Tomorrow I will decorate it and make some pictures....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts