Teddy Bear Cake Tutorial





Let's make a Teddy Bear Cake!



When I first made a Teddy bear cake it was in 2012.

It was a tatty teddy cake/Me to You Bear and I posted a simple tutorial in my blog..it went crazy! my grey teddy bear cake got famous hehe

Since then I've been getting so many requests on the full tutorial.

Now it's 2018! I have been postponing it for too long..it is FINALLY here!

To be honest I wasn't too happy with this brown bear..when I did the bear the weather here was super hot and humid!

Of course, with me trying to save some dollars, I used some left over Swiss Meringue Buttercream to make this bear. Not the smartest move! I had problems with blobs and melted icing all over my hand :(

That is why I decided to use both tip#233 and #234.

#233 is the smaller grass tip and #234 is larger one.

I needed to finish piping quicker before the icing started to melt everywhere lol.

So if you asked me which icing is best for this cake design?

I would say American Buttercream. I found they are more stable and crust well..even during hot weather.

However, as you can see you can still use Swiss Meringue buttercream (which I did). But I would not recommend it at all during hot weather :D

Template for this cake is available to purchase from Etsy.

Click here to BakeabooShop

I hope you like this tutorial and thank you for watching!

Elina x


Comments

Popular Posts