Plum Clafoutis

 


I never actually like plums much, well...not until the day my mum brought me fresh-picked plums from a friend's orchard. Oh my my my they were very sweet, juicy and super delicious. I think I can say now that I love plums! 



The plums my mum brought me from the orchard were red plums and she also brought me some apricots. The red plums were different sizes, there were small ones and big ones...not sure what the difference are. My theory is maybe they came from different trees...(lol) not a really smart theory but who cares both were very delicious :)

So I had few plums left and they would be perfect to make Plum Clafoutis for my family.

This dessert is very easy to make and delicious straight from the oven when it is puffy and warm.



Plum Clafoutis

Serve 8.

1 Tbsp melted butter
10 ripe red plums, halved and stoned
4 eggs
6 Tbsp raw sugar
5 Tbsp flour
500ml cream, plus extra for serving
1 Tbsp Cointreau or Brandy
70g flaked almonds
Icing sugar to dust

  • Preheat the oven to 190C.
  • Brush a large china ovenproof quiche dish with melted butter. (You can also use souffle dishes or baby ramekins)
  • Place the plums cut side down in the dish.
  • Beat the eggs with the sugar and flour until well blended.
  • Add the cream, beating lightly to make a smooth mixture.
  • Stir in the Cointreau or Brandy.
  • Pour this mixture over the plums and sprinkle the top with flaked almonds.
  • Bake in the oven for around 40min until the batter is set and puffs up.
  • Remove from the oven, dust with sieved icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.

Notes: In New Zealand, red plums can be found at the beginning of the summer stone-fruit season and towards the autumn.

Happy Baking!




Comments

Popular Posts