Little Minion from Despicable Me Movie Cake, Cake Pops and a Whimsical Cake



Finally, here is the surprise cake that I've been working on this week...Little Minion character from Despicable Me movie. And no it's not for a little boy's birthday..I made this cake for hubby's birthday yesterday. I guess he is young at heart hahaha. I did think the cake looked a little kiddy at first so I added an opened bottle of champagne..and that did the trick..not too kiddy anymore!




Oh this little guy is almost too cute to be sliced!


The mini cake is actually a cake dummy. Originally I was planning to use Rice Krispy Treats, but I didn't have much time because I still had cake pops to make, dinner and etc.
This was also because I made 2 birthday cakes for hubby...yep 2 cakes, cake pops, and a party...plus 2 little monkeys to look after. I don't know how I did it... but I did it! 




Yes I love him that much that I made him 2 cakes. Am I the best wife or what hehehe. But maybe it's also because I just love making cakes? Ha ha...  He wanted to bring a cake to share with his friends at work. So I made him this whimsical cake..I think that's what it's called.


 

Since we celebrated his birthday with our playdate group, I thought these guys would be a great treat for the kids. Little minion pops for our little minions...

If you notice there are 2 different kind of minions in the bunch, well they are actually not minions, they are 2 little cake pop monsters. There is actually a story behind it, will tell you about it in the next post.

I'm also going to post a tutorial how to make these guys.
I have been thinking to do a tutorial post for a while and I think this would be a great start!

Happy baking to all and Happy birthday to my darling hubby..!

Comments

  1. That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make the big Minion??? I am dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brawnamarie, they are actually quite simple to make. I made 3 layers of 6" cake, carved the top a little bit, cover with chocolate ganache and then covered the cake with fondant :)

      Delete
  3. I love the super-huge-minion! And unfortunately for me, my cousin loves so much that she wants me to replicate it for her graduation in a couple of months!!!! May i know how high the minion cake is btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! If I remember I think it's about 6" or 7" high. Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  4. Appreciation to my father who told me on the topic of this web site, this
    weblog is genuinely amazing.
    My web page :: sterilize baby bottles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to replicate this for my hubby's surprise party this weekend and had a few questions:

    did you include feet for the minion, or is it just his upper 2/3's? I think I see a foot but I'm not sure...

    What are the goggles made of/how did you construct them?

    Thanks so much! I can't wait to start decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying to know who you made the minion, and the second cake! Do you have a tutorial for them or anything that I can look at? My little brother's birthday is coming up and I'd like to try to make something similar to one of them! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing!!! Is there any way at all that you could post a step by step process on how to replicate this? My boyfriend is obsessed (and I'm not using that word lightly) with the minions from Despicable Me and I'd love to surprise him with a cake! Please let me know, I'm sure others are also dying to know as well. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Podrian hacer un truck es q a mi hijo d dos aƱos l gustan mucho y estoy pensando celebrarle los tres d eso

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome!! And you are so talented! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you give me the recipe of this big Minion and the little cake or have you the recipe in your blog??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you live? Can you make me one?

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cakes are SO cute! I love that the minion has his own cake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much would/did you charge for the minion ans small cake?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts