Ham, cheese & tomato baked eggs



I love cooking breakfast for my family and this is what I love to do in my spare time. To me the best breakfast are (beside pancakes and waffles) eggs and toasts ....mmm I love eggs...crunchy toast soldiers dipped in soft runny egg yolk...so simple yet so delicious. Yummo!




This recipe is very easy to do and super delicious. I made this for my family this morning and they love it! well everybody except my 1st born son who is a very picky eater..so I made him a grilled cheese instead..oh the thing I do for love hehe

I got this recipe written in my recipe book but I'm pretty sure it was taken from Jo Seagar's book "It's easier than you think"..anyway here is the recipe:

Ham, cheese & tomato baked eggs.
serve 4

1/2 cup chopped ham
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 tomato, chopped (I used cherry tomatoes chopped in half and I put 2 cherry tomato into each dish)
4 eggs
4 Tbsp cream
salt and pepper
1/2 grated cheese
toast soldiers to serve

Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 180C. Coat 4 individual 1/2 cup capacity ovenproof dishes with non-stick baking spray.
  • Divide the ham, spring onions and tomato evenly between the dishes. Break an egg into each dish and let it sit on top of the ham mixture.
  • Spoon 1tbsp of cream into each dish over the egg and season with salt and pepper.
  • Sprinkle the top with grated cheese.
  • Place the dishes on an oven tray and bake for 8-10 min until the eggs are just cooked.
  • Serve with toast soldiers.

Notes: To make toast soldiers, cut bread into thick strips. The bread should be cut quite thick so that it is toasted on the outside but still soft in the middle so it can soak up the yolky goodness.
Place the cut up bread into an oven tray together with the dishes, spray with oil baking spray and bake. They should be done at the same time with the eggs.


Happy baking!

Comments

Popular Posts