My birthday cake - Sugar free pink rainbow cake!



This pretty little cake is my birthday cake that I made for myself last week. It's a sugar free raspberry infused rainbow cake with cointreau cream. For the design I wanted something simple but with a little bit of surprise inside and with the cake..I wanted to make the best, the yummiest and the prettiest sugar free cake in the world. It was something that I've been thinking about a lot and being diabetic myself..I was so excited about this project.

So I planned to make a pink rainbow cake and I also wanted to go all natural...instead of using colouring, I made a home made natural colouring using raspberries.
It wasn't hard to make..actually I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it but it worked!
(see recipe below)

Unfortunately..my mission to find and make the best sugar free cake has failed. Luckily the cointreau cream was super yummy and the cake didn't fail to look pretty :D



Here is a glimpse of the pink rainbow cake inside. As you can see the layers look like like pancake and taste like pancake..but since this is my cake and I am the one eating it..then it's ok! lol!

Originally I wanted to post the recipe here but since the cake failed big time..I will only put the cointreau cream recipe here.



Home made pink colouring:
12-15 fresh or frozen raspberries.

Mash the juice from the fresh or thawed frozen raspberries using a sieve.
Use the juice to create blush pink colour in your icing or cake batter.


Sugar free Cointreau cream:
(enough to cover 6" to 7" cake, depending on the height and layers)

2 cups/500ml of cream
1/4 cup of Splenda
1/2 tsp of clear gelatine powder (this will help to stabilize the cream)
1Tbsp of Cointreau
1 orange or lemon, grated zest only

Method: Whisk together cream, splenda and gelatine. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold through the orange/lemon zest and Cointreau.

Enjoy and I promise when I found the perfect and yummiest sugar free cake recipes..I will post them here!

Happy baking and stay inspired!

Comments

Popular Posts